GLENS FALLS - The Bullpen Tavern was heavily damaged by fire on June 8, 2013. Now it has reopened just in time for the state high school basketball tournament.
Fire broke out at around 2:30 in the morning in a third floor apartment. A tenant was smoking while using supplemental oxygen.
Police and firefighters had to rescue people from their apartments.
"It was a pretty awful night, it was a pretty harrowing experience," said Paul Bricoccoli.
Everyone made it out safely, but the building, which had the popular Bullpen Tavern on the first floor was heavily damaged.
But that was nine months ago, and now the business has re-opened.
Just a few cosmetic touches were being added Friday afternoon.
But the bulk of the work is done.
There's a new kitchen where nine months ago, water was waist deep.