'Discovering Lake Desolation' to come to Brookside May 4 | Arts & Culture
The home of the Saratoga County Historical Society, Brookside, has announced the opening of the “Discovering Lake Desolation” exhibit by local artists Nancy McGrath. The event will take place on Friday, May 4.
McGrath is a plein aire artist and moved to Rock City Falls four years ago. According to a statement, as she started painting McGrath also began to see the strong industrial history of the community. The new exhibit will concentrate on the history of Lake Desolation and Kayderosseras Mountain.
The opening will happen from 5 to 8 p.m. and is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be available and the exhibition will remain on display during normal hours until Friday, July 27.
For more information, please click here or call 518.885.4000.
Upcoming Events near Saratoga Springs
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local law enforcement hit the ice as part of national fundraising effort
- Trooper says manslaughter defendant "on the nod" following fatal crash
- Waterford Harbor Farmers market accepting applications for 2014
- Saratoga Springs council votes on resolution opposing expanded casino
- Waterford man accused of assault