Anti-doping CEO featured speaker at Saratoga conference | Business
SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. (AP) - The head of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency is scheduled to be the keynote speaker at the thoroughbred racing conference being held this weekend in Saratoga Springs.
USADA CEO Travis Tygart will discuss efforts to combat the use of performance-enhancing drugs when he speaks Sunday at The Jockey Club's 60th Annual Round Table Conference on Matters Pertaining to Racing.
Doping horses is a hot topic in the thoroughbred industry. Last month, a U.S. Senate committee held a hearing to gather testimony about the use of performance-enhancing drugs in racing. That was prompted by several documented recent violations.
Formed 12 years ago, the USADA is recognized by Congress as the official anti-doping agency for Olympics sports in America.
The Jockey Club conference has been held in Saratoga every August since 1954.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Top Saratoga Springs Stories
Upcoming Events near Saratoga Springs
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 68-year-old victim testifies about alleged assault at hands of 19-year-old
- Stillwater man accused of hosting drinking party on private property
- Sheriff: Clifton Park man kills self as deputies arrive
- Expectations high as Lake George-area prepares for start of tourist season
- Local airman graduates basic military training