Lakes to Locks Passage shines light on local ‘hidden gems’ | Environment
More than 600 local travel suggestions have been submitted to the Lakes to Locks Passage website, www.lakestolocks.com.
The submissions are just in time for the summer travel season and the site is co-branded with National Geographic. It emphasizes travel and tourism opportunities that are submitted by local residents and locally-owned business owners.
The national advertising and marketing campaign is promoting the Lakes to Locks Passage that stretches from Albany to Quebec, along the interconnected waterway of the Hudson River, Champlain Canal, Lake George and Lake Champlain and includes Albany, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Washington, Warren, Essex and Clinton counties.
“This website shines a spotlight on the region’s hidden gems, those places that provide local character to a destination. It is exciting to see the local commitment to delivering a distinctive travel experience,” said Executive Director Janet Kennedy.
The Lakes to Locks Passage is a New York and federally designated byway that is dedicated to stewardship of the natural, cultural, recreational and historic resources along the waterway.
Click here to learn more.
Upcoming Events near Saratoga Springs
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Apple Blossom Festival scheduled in Rexford
- Man accused of driving drunk, talking on phone with child in car
- FBI, State Police, NYPD raid mobile home in Malta -- but will not say why
- Saratoga Casino to take part in bidders conference despite lack of support
- Shmaltz celebrating first anniversary in Clifton Park with style