Voters go to the polls for Primary Day | News
Tuesday is Primary Day. Voters will be choosing candidates to run for Congress in November.
Three Republicans are facing off in a statewide primary to run against Democratic Incumbent Kirsten Gillibrand for U.S. Senate. They are Wendy Long, George Maragos, and Bob Turner.
There's also a Democratic primary in the 19th Congressional District. It covers parts of Rensselaer, Montgomery, Schoharie, Greene, and Columbia counties.
Either Julian Schreibman or Joel Tyner will run against Republican Chris Gibson in the fall and there is a Republican Primary in the 21st Congressional District.
That covers parts of Warren, Washington, Saratoga and Fulton counties.
Matt Doheney and Kellie Greene are facing off for the right to challenge Democratic incumbent Bill Owens.
This is the second of three primary days in New York this year. The Presidential primary was in April.
Top Saratoga Springs Stories
Upcoming Events near Saratoga Springs
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 68-year-old victim testifies about alleged assault at hands of 19-year-old
- Stillwater man accused of hosting drinking party on private property
- Sheriff: Clifton Park man kills self as deputies arrive
- Expectations high as Lake George-area prepares for start of tourist season
- Local airman graduates basic military training