Appeals court sides with grassroots movement in Saratoga | Politics
The court of appeals says voters in Saratoga Springs should have a chance to vote on a new form of government.
Today's ruling said a group called Saratoga Citizen has the right to have the issue on the ballot.
The city council rejected Saratoga Citizen's petition which asked for a referendum, but today, the court sided with the grassroots group.
Saratoga citizen wants a professional manager-government where an elected council of five, including the mayor, appoints a full-time city manager to oversee day-to-day operations.
Upcoming Events near Saratoga Springs
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Two Towns- One Book event this weekend
- Local law enforcement hit the ice as part of national fundraising effort
- Trooper says manslaughter defendant "on the nod" following fatal crash
- Waterford Harbor Farmers market accepting applications for 2014
- Saratoga Springs council votes on resolution opposing expanded casino