Appeals court sides with grassroots movement in Saratoga | Politics
The court of appeals says voters in Saratoga Springs should have a chance to vote on a new form of government.
Today's ruling said a group called Saratoga Citizen has the right to have the issue on the ballot.
The city council rejected Saratoga Citizen's petition which asked for a referendum, but today, the court sided with the grassroots group.
Saratoga citizen wants a professional manager-government where an elected council of five, including the mayor, appoints a full-time city manager to oversee day-to-day operations.
Upcoming Events near Saratoga Springs
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Apple Blossom Festival scheduled in Rexford
- Man accused of driving drunk, talking on phone with child in car
- FBI, State Police, NYPD raid mobile home in Malta -- but will not say why
- Saratoga Casino to take part in bidders conference despite lack of support
- Shmaltz celebrating first anniversary in Clifton Park with style